Walvis Bay Ship Chandlers has dedicated itself to become a leading bunker-trading company, focusing on the supply of all related marine, aviation fuel and associated lubricant products.
WBSC has established secure relationships/partnerships with all the major reputable oil companies and can therefor assist our clients in almost every port in Namibia and globally.
We seek to satisfy industry needs through excellent knowledge and regional markets and the ability to tap into a strong network of international partnerships.
All our marine fuel products adhere to all upgraded specifications as recommended by the classification societies and are always high-quality, blended to your specifications and tested thoroughly to ensure clients satisfaction.
Marine bunker fuels available at all South African ports included:
• Marine Fuel Oil – ranging from cSt to a mac 180 cSt (RMG 180 ISO 8217:2010 spec)
• Marine Gasoil - meeting DMA and DMB specs
• Automotive Gasoil – Sulphur content of 0,05% delivered only via road tanker to vessel.
Marina bunker fuel can be supplied via the following methods, depending on port infrastructure:
• Pipeline – only available in hub-ports, not in small ports
• Barge – only available in hub-ports, not in small ports
• Operation tanks – in some smaller ports we have our own operational tanks, making it possible to assist our smaller fishing clientele in a much more efficient manner.
• Road tanker – can be used when the vessel cannot be accessed via barge, and/or when it is not lying close to a bunker pit.
• Offshore tanker vessel – for supply to vessel/oil rig and drilling ships operating around the South African and Namibian coast – ship to ship transfer on high seas.